Thursday, May 3, 2012

Elephants

Hi There

Thank you to all you beautiful people who keep stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments even though I haven’t been able to return the favor lately. I’ve just been so busy, family, garden, life in general.

We are dancing on the ceiling and turning cartwheels here. Tuesday morning we received a very long awaited phone call. Our dearest friend John was on his way to the hospital for a KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. Can’t tell you how happy, nervous, excited and worried we were for him. This morning John called to say all went well and his plumbing is working beautifully. Thank God! Sadly John lost his wife to breast cancer just two months ago, wish she could have lived to have seen this. John is Welsh and from Wales but retired to Valencia, Spain some years ago. Sure wish we could visit with him and give him a hug. My card will have to suffice.




For my card I stamped ferns on to my green card, layered on my printed sentiment, a strip of variegated Lip Smacki’ Ribbon and three paper punched homemade candy covered with Glossy Accents. My elephants are by Rubber Stampede, colored with pencils and fussy cut. I used a bit of liquid pearls on the tusks. Sadly by the time I completed the card the ink I used to stamp my ferns faded into the paper and are all but gone.

Please consider becoming an organ donor. In my career in the medical field I have seen far to many pass away for lack of a donor. I’ve also seen the monumental chance organ transplant can bring not only to the recipient but to their loved ones as well. I am listed as an organ donor on my driver‘s license. The thought that I may one day save a life, give someone sight or just make their life more comfortable brings me great joy. John’s donor was an elderly gentleman who died of natural causes. Bless his soul for his generous gift.

Have an Amazing Day!

Blessings
Bernie



Click here to give --- It’s Free


 

8 comments:

  1. Just fantastic news Bernie - I know how close you are to John and his late wife. I'm down as an organ donor, if anyone wants them :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Bernie - love the elephants. Great news about your friend John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning sweetie this is amazing, love it hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Bernie (and news) love the fabulous image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those awesome elephants! I'm so happy for your friend, John. What a wonderful gift the elderly gentleman left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and I'm so thankful for your friend. I'm an organ donor on my D/L too. Isn't it a blessing to think you may 'live on', and help someone else after your time here is over! TFS your story AND your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope John is doing well. So sad to read about his wife! I am thankful someone was so giving and was a match for John. I just know your card brightened his recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!