Saturday, May 5, 2012

Purple

My dear friend Susie has requested a special card for her niece’s graduation. Susie lives on Maui so we had a wonderful excuse for making a few phone calls which went far and beyond discussing the card. Not surprisingly Susie wanted purples, flowers, lace, butterflies and it had to have a pocket for a gift card.




I didn’t have a large enough dark purple flower so I clustered several small flowers together. I’ve used SB Labels Four, SB Foliage, MS Butterflies. Recollections half pearls.  Lace, flowers and organza ribbon from my stash. The largest butterfly was punched first from pink card then layered with a velum butterfly covered with VersaMark and heat embossed with Sparkle EP.












On the inside I’ve used a MS Daisy Border punch. More MS Butterflies, EK Success Flower punch (Are you getting tired of this little beauty? Hope not cuz I Love it.) I’ve used glitter glue in the flower centers and Gelly Roll pens on the butterflies. Susie is legally blind, as a result her writing is quite large. After completing the card I realized I hadn’t left her enough space to write her massage so I’ve included a simple note card that fits into the pocket.





While I had all my purple snippets, punches, ribbon, etc. out I made a card for Susie herself. The stamp is from Inkadinkado and the little yellow flower from my stash.

These were both made using snippets/scraps so I'm sharing with Di and the gals in the playground for the Snippets Challenge.

Have an Amazing Day!

Blessings
Bernie



Click here to give --- It’s Free


20 comments:

  1. Oh Bernie, these are two fabulous cards! I love the purples and pinks with the pretty flowers, lace and ribbons - just stunning and with your usual elegant touch. I warn you it's still damp over here in the playground so be sure to dry the swing before you play :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    I changed your link honey as it was leading me right back to the playground and not to this posting. Got quite dizzy before I realised :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie - these cards are fabulous. Love the idea of the little note pad and pocket on the top one. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernie

    Super early in the playground today .. .. couldn't you sleep or were you just plain excited LOL!!!

    Two gorgeous cards and I love the sentiment in your first one very much.

    I do love purple cards!!

    Great use of your snippets.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards, Bernie, and I love the snippet make. Hoping to join the playground a bit earlier myself this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the purple and the flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Bernie.. Love the colours.. just perfect.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bernie

    Two beautiful and stunning cards Bernie, I love the colours and what a stunning spray of flowers. The sentiments on your first card are just perfect. Brilliant use of snippets. I'm having a play on the swings and
    have brought along some midget gems if you are interested.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Bernie . . .these are stunning. Absolutely lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Bernie, love the flowers on the first and your bows are perfect. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thought I had seen/had enough of purple, it being the Wedding theme colour but these two cards are fabulous. Love the inside of the top card. Very original. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, they are both really beautiful, but I especially love the cluster of pretty flowers on the first card.

    Have a lovely weekend, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Bernie! Great inside and out. Love the purples and flower cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are just so gorgeous. Loved the outside with the flowers, butterflies, but what you did with the inside was unique. I'll have to CASE that idea...thanks for sharing such beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have every right to love those cards Bernie as they are gorgeous. I am a little biased as I love purple. Love the inside sentiment too.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful graduation card Bernie-love the colors you used on this and pocket cards always add such an elegant touch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo Bernie, these are superb, love the cluster idea for the 'big' purple flower. Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous card, love the purple shades and a colour I must use more often.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two wonderful cards Bernie.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Bernie, lovely card, the inside pocket is fab and I love all the flowers, lace and ribbon too. There seems to be a wee trend for purple at the moment. Thanks for popping by and have a lovely Sunday. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both are fabulously gorgeous! Love all those beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!