Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Royal Flush

Hello Everyone!

Thank you all for your lovely comments and sweet birthday wishes.   Sorry I haven't been by to visit you all, my computer is running like dial up these days so it's slow going but I'll be by soon. 
I hope you are all well and enjoying a lovely day. Last week it was sunny and in the high, high nineties. Can we say HOT! This week it’s overcast and breezy with welcomed showers but only in the mid-sixties. Are we ever happy with the weather?

Jim and I will celebrate our 33rd anniversary on Sat. Our friend John always says 'You know, you get less time for murder.’  Funny guy. This is the card I’ve made for my Jim. When I found an incomplete deck of cards for free at a yard sale I remembered seeing a card like this somewhere. Not sure if it was on the web or store bought and I don’t remember the original sentiment but Jim loves poker so I thought it would be perfect for him. (If anyone knows the original creator’s name please let me know so I can give proper credit.)




Some of my scraps were the prefect size so this was one of the fastest cards I’ve ever made. Although the cards appear to be in a pocket I’ve actually cut the bottom’s off them and covered the cut edges with my sentiment panel.  The Royal Flush isn’t in proper order but I wanted the colorful King to show.  Jim’ll probably have something to say about the sentiment before he sees the inside but I think it‘s fun. The cards on the inside represent 1-4-3 which means I Love You. The Ace is the bottom half of the one on the front. On the left I’ve made a pocket which holds a blank card for my message. Gosh those little thumb punches can take a lot of muscle.








That’s it for me. I’d better get this posted before Jim comes in here and sees it.  I'm off to the playground to share with Di and the gals, wont you join us.  Come on use up some of those scraps/snippets and come play on the swings.  What on earth am I talking about?  Just hop on over here and join the fun.



Have an Amazing Day!

Blessings
Bernie



Click here to give --- It’s Free

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your card and I'm sure Jim will love it too. A very Happy Anniversary for Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and congratulations on your Anniversary for Saturday hope you have a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Bernie, Jim will surely love it. Congrats to you both too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever Bernie! Bet Jim will be delighted and I hope you both have a great day :)

    My Dad used to say you celebrate coming out of prison not going into it!

    Back home and now off to bed. The wrecked boat has finally gone from the harbour wall in Spain BTW, so no craft retreat to Spain after all :(

    Love, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bernie, I love it! I laughed so hard and it's the perfect set up! So clever! You will have to share his reaction for real! So so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic anniversary card Bernie. Many congratulations to you and Jim.

    Have a lovely day.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really cute idea. Happy Anniversary for Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea for an anniversary card. Have a great day on Saturday and hope you get a card in return. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that card! I love the front and inside. Great sentiment, too. Your hubby is going to smile big when he sees it. A big congrats to you on your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernie, this is such a clever card, and what a wonderful anniversary card it will be. DH is sure to enjoy it. Very creative, and thx for sharing. Hope to see you on the playground if I can get some snippets together fast enough. Happy Anniversary to you both. Quite an achievement in today's environment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so great! I love everything about it! The sentiments are great and the layout works so well! M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect and brilliant card, Bernie! So clever and a Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic card, Bernie! I bought a little bitty deck of cards from Joann's dollar bin a few months ago and have been trying to figure out a way to use it. Ta Da! I'll be CASEing you!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!