Monday, September 17, 2012

I've Been Baking

Hello Sweet Friends

I didn’t mean to mislead anyone about the fires in our area. Thank you all for your concern but we are quite safe. We live in the Yakima Valley on the eastern foothills of The Cascade Mountain range. The fires are in the higher elevations but the smoke fills the valley. Although a breeze would help us, it is a blessing for the firefighters and home owners in harms way that our notorious winds are not fanning the flames. Sadly there is no relief in sight as there isn’t a hint of precipitation in our long range forecast.

I hadn’t planned to share these with you all until I had them all completed but it is taking far longer then I expected. They are so stinking cute, I can’t wait.

Okay I haven't really been baking.  I can not take credit for the idea or give credit to the original designer as I’ve been seeing these decorated battery operated tea light candles on the web for years.  There is a wonderful tutorial here.


 




Are these photos a bit blurred or is it just me?  Maybe I need to recharge my batteries.






I’ve used snippets of paper, a variety of punches and dug into my stash of tiny flowers, beads and more to decorate each cake differently. Each sits on it’s own 'cake plate' which has a hole punched into it so the switch is accessible.



Each box has an acetate window cut with SB Circles and framed with SB Lacy Circles, a matching belly band with a MS Daisy border punch for a lacy look and a matching 3 x 3 blank note card.
 

      Do you think these will sell at the Craft Fairs? 
ETA: I meant to share with the snippetters in the playground.  Head Mistress Di has reminded me I hadn't don't so.  Sorry Di.

I've got boxes, cards and envelops to make so I'd better hop to it.  Hope you all have a fabulous week.
Blessings
Bernie 



19 comments:

  1. Hi Bernie,
    These are mega cute and I would think sell like hot cakes (oops no pun intended). Glad to hear that you and Jim are safe. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SELL?!? They sure will - absolutely gorgeous and so unusual Bernie! Ha, I see you also used snippets so why not link into the Playground - the little monsters would adore seeing these! Can't believe how much work there is - love them!!

    Take care, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Bernie, these are indeed stinkin' cute! Best of luck with the Craft Fair! You've put so much work into them! I agree with Di, you've got to show the monst, what? Is that any way for the Headmistress to be speaking of her darling little charges?! Why I never!

    I'm glad to hear that you are not in the active fire area, but still ... that heavy smoke is depressing and unhealthy day after day, especially for anyone with breathing trouble like Jim. I shall pray for rain in your area and when my back is all better, I'll do a rain dance, too!

    Yes, the back is better, thank you. First day with no meds, so that's really good. The test will be seeing how it is in the morning when I creak the old bones out of bed.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!These are fabulous.. they would sell for sure..so much beautiful work you have put into them.. simply Gorgeous!! so glad to hear you and your family are safe. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernie

    These are amazing.

    Great use of your snippets and super cute into the bargain.

    I feel certain they will sell .. .. anything "different" goes down like a storm. I hope you sell lots and lots.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic. I'm sure they'll sell like, er, hotcakes! LOL!

    Hugs,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Bernie - these are gorgeous and the little cards with them are beautiful. You will have no problem selling these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say Bernie - these will fly out of the door at your craft fayre I'm sure! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bernie, Sell they are stunning you will as they say above have no problems selling them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...so pretty. Look like a lot of work involved too! Should be terrific sellers. Don't forget to sit & rest up in between your labors. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little cakes Bernie. I should imagine that they will sell like hotcakes!! Sorry! I couldn't resist that!! Hee Hee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute, Bernie! Very unique. Like Samantha says, they should sell like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are totally amazing! I have always wanted to sit down and make one! However I would be totally shy to do so now after seeing your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, the tealights are sooooooo adorable. Yes, I think they will sell. Looks time consuming, but I bet you whipped them out in a hurry.
    So glad to hear you and your hubby are in no danger from the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Bernie these tealights are so cute!!! I bet they took you a long time to make! Glad to hear you are in no danger from the fires, hope they get sorted soon!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute...I think the idea to make a matching card to them is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well this is the first time I have seen them and you are right they are stinkin cute, can see them flying out at the craft fair. Oh just had an idea Halloween ones with spiders lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bernie what a fantastic idea. I made a box several months ago and couldn't figure out what to put into it. Your idea is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing it. I think your little cakes will sell well.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!