Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Craft Fair Makes


Hi There;
Sorry for my long absence and for not being by to visit your lovely blogs. Except for a few days off with the dreaded flu I’ve been working playing in the Closet getting ready for the upcoming Craft Fairs. Time is getting short but I really needed to take a brake and escape from the Closet for a little while. I thought I’d share some of what I’ve been making with you all.

Warning Long post - Picture heavy

Candle Lollipops


 

I saw this delightful Candle Lollipop on Dawn’s Blog some time ago. Dawn’s favorite word is cute. Oh my she uses it in all her wonderful videos A LOT, you could say it‘s her signature word. I think they will make fun co-worker Christmas gifts. I am hoping these wont fall into that dreaded Oh How Cute category where people say it and just walk on. I am thinking of putting up a sign saying the C word is forbidden.

You can find Dawn’s video here. I followed Dawn's directions but found glue dots were not strong enough to hold my bows in place, the glue gun worked great.

Silly Weather Forecaster









These are a fun stocking stuffers. I can always find yarn in thrift shops so it’s just a matter of braiding it and attaching a laminated tag which says:

Congratulations!
You are now the proud owner of
the first accurate weather forecaster. 

For best results, hang on a nail
outside your window.
If it’s wet …. It’s raining.
If it’s white … It’s snowing
If it’s stiff … It’s freezing
If it’s moving .. It’s windy
It it’s gone … somebody ripped it off.

Magic Piggy Wand






These always bring a giggle and have sold well. One lady bought a dozen saying she was going to place one on each of her co-workers desks. No two of these looks alike as lots of varying shades of pink snippets went into completing them. I’ve used chopsticks for my wands. My neighbor loves Chinese food but hasn’t a clue how to use chopsticks so she always brings them to me. At this point I have enough of them to build a small room. I printed the free clip art piggy and the tag which says:

Magic Piggy Wand
To remove calories
Wave over main dish
         Once.
Wave over desert
twice or more.
Of course I always guarantee it to work with a wink.

Prayer Rocks



These are simply fabric snippets tied around a pebble. I am always surprised that children either purchase these or ask an adult to do so. The image is another free clip art. The poem inside says:

I’m your little prayer rock
and this is what I’ll do.
Just put me on your pillow
till the day is through.
Then turn back the covers
and climb into your bed
And WHACK …
your little prayer
rock will hit you on your
head.
Then you will remember
as the day is through
To kneel and say your
prayers as you wanted to,
Then when you are finished
just dump me on the floor,
I’ll stay there through the
Night to give you help once more.
When you get up in the morning
CLUNK…. I stub your toe
So you will remember

your prayers before you go.
Put me back upon your pillow

when your bed is made,
And your clever little

prayer rock will continue
in your aid.

Because your heavenly
Father cares and loves you so,
He wants you to remember
to talk to him… you know.
As the print on the tag is quite small I frame a larger copy for easier reading.

Santa’s Magic Key








I found these green mittens at an after Christmas sale last year and the keys in Michael’s $1 bin. The tag was printed, cutout with SB labels Four. I then went around the edges with a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen for some sparkle.

It says:
Santa's Magic Key
This key is very special, you see.
It won't work for you and me...
Hang it just outside your door.
Go to bed and worry no more...
Close your eyes and close them tight.
'Cause Santa Claus is coming tonight!  


As I've used snippets of paper, ribbon or fabric on each of these items I'm off to share with the lovely ladies in the tree house at Pixies Crafty Snippet’s Challenge.  

Summer has finally given way to Autumn in our neck of the woods.  We haven't heard any more news on the fires since  we learned those in the lower elevations were contained and everyone was allowed to return to their homes.  We do continue to get air quality reports.  Although the air seems clear we are still being warned there is smoke in the air and those with breathing problems should continue to be careful.  Closer to the fires the air quality remains hazardous.  We did have a bit of rain, not enough to put out those fires in the higher elevations but it did smell simply wonderful.  We remain hopeful for an early snowfall on the moutain tops.
Wishing you all a Blessed day.
Bernie

 






16 comments:

  1. I love all these little gifts, so much humour and sense all mixed together. Thank you for your visit and your kind comments. Have a wonderful time making all these little goodies. xx Maggie #65

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie, what some wonderful items you've been working on. I got a real chuckle out of some of those.
    I'm sorry to hear you've had the flu. I sure hope your hubby doesn't get it.
    Take care and have fun getting these projects ready for the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been a busy bee Bernie! Loving these gifts and I'm sure they'll all sell well at the fair. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bernie you have been one busy little crafter. These are adorable (I didn't use the "C" word!). I should think they would be quick sells at your fair. These are made well, colorful, I like the 'sayings' and I could see them as terrific co-worker gifts, teacher, hair dresser, that kind of gift. Great stocking stuffers too. Bet the gals at Pixie's will love 'em. Take care, and many hugs. You & Jim stay well, now heah?

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you have been busy getting ready for the craft fairs-hope your products all sell well-I think they are really cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bernie, Good to see you come out of the closet for a little "show and tell" for us! Your creations are all brilliant and funny and I think they will be big sellers at the fair! Such perfect small gifts and stocking stuffers and we all need those.

    Glad for the update on the fires; I hope you get your early snowfall. I'm sorry to hear you had the flu. I hope that's it for you for the season and I hope Jim doesn't catch it.

    Blessings! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! What a wonderful feast of beautiful gifts.. I LOVE them all, You have been a busy bee..They all will sell like hot cakes!! Fantastic gifts... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Bernie, those are truly amazing gifts. I love them all and are great stockings fillers, especially thought the braided wool was very funny!

    Hope you are feeling better after having the flu, yuck!

    Have a great day and enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bernie you've been really busy, what wonderful gifts you've done. Love the weather forcaster too ha ha the sentiment is so fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Bernie....nice to see you have "come out of the closet"!!
    Fabulous stuff you have been making there and LOVE that weather forecaster! Fabulous!!

    Hee Hee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the craft fair Bernie. Lots of lovely things you've made here. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous makes Bernie - am sure they're gonna sell fast! Love the weather forecaster - soooo funny :)) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely ideas. Love the weather barometer. Can't begin to imagine how the people are feeling with the fires still raging in and around their homes. Hope you get the snow fall before too long. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, I love the key package at the end...that is really lovely! Wonderful old looking keys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful craft makes Bernie! All so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bernie

    Wow!! You have been so very busy!! No wonder you felt like a break!

    So many lovely Christmas goodies. I love the candle lollipops and Santa's magic key!! I bet they will go down well.

    Not sure when your fayre is but I hope you sold (or sell) lots and lots.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!